Burglar Alarms Colchester Essex (CO1): If you are thinking about the installation of a system it may be handy to be aware that the level of crime in the British Isles has been soaring each year. In 2018-2019, out of a million attempted burglaries recorded in the United Kingdom, 422,000 resulted in an actual burglary on a property in England and Wales. (Source: Statista, Crime and Law Enforcement data).
It's an awful truth that lots of families only think about fitting a security system or burglar alarm after a burglary on their home has already occurred. Fitting an intruder alarm is an investment worth looking into, especially when the police in general say that there's far less probability of being targeted by the 47% of thieves who do their dirty work on the off-chance. Avert the stress brought on by a break in by fitting a security system that's appropriate for your home or business. However, with such a range of intruder alarms available on the market, which is the best for you?
All budgets are catered for across the range of alarm and security systems. From straightforward battery operated alarms for windows and doors, to full scale, multi entry point systems which can call or send an SMS text to you or a dedicated security company if the alarm is activated. All of these alarm systems can be found in wireless or wired versions and may even link up to a CCTV device or security system to capture suspect events for photographic and video evidence. Before you buy a security alarm it's worth considering what you would like it to do when the alarm starts to sound.
TYPES OF BURGLAR ALARM
Visual Only/Audible Burglar Alarms - The least complicated of intruder alarms, where a siren and pulsating light outside of the building gives an indication that thehas been triggered. They notify the occupants of the building and local neighbourhood, but raise the alarm without contacting anyone, like your mobile or a security provider.
- Having an intruder alarm fitted will deter burglars according to the police.
- Simple and easy to install.
- Only occupants and neighbours in the immediate vicinity are informed when the burglar alarm is triggered.
- Many folks these days have become "alarm immune" and will ignore it when it rings.
Auto-Dial Intruder Alarms - These alarms can be connected to your landline or have a cell phone SIM card fitted. This enables the control unit to send a text or voice message to selected contacts with some alarm systems allowing several contacts to be added in a cascade-style system of calling. This means that if one person does not answer, the next person lined up is called and warned about the issue.
- Monitors to pick up flood, fire or carbon monoxide are also able to be connected to these home alarm systems.
- Notifications are dispatched as soon as an alarm has been detected by the system.
- Devices that are SIM only need the card to have the credit topped up for use and may not work effectively in a weak signal location.
- If your phone has a flat battery or has no signal, you won't receive a notification from your burglar alarm.
Monitored Alarm Systems - By paying an annual or a monthly fee you will be able to have your burglar alarm constantly monitored by a professional security company. The company will get in touch when the alarm is initiated to offer assistance, and will invariably install and service the equipment themselves as part of the overall package. If you would also like the service of the local police force, such monitored intruder alarms often have the capability to connect to them directly.
- Prospective thieves are far more likely to be put off by a monitored burglar alarm.
- Alarm repair and maintenance is generally included in the deal.
- Your alarm is constantly monitored for emergencies by a reliable security firm.
- You won't be able to fit this type of alarm system yourself.
- Extended contract periods and costly cancellation fees.
- Can prove expensive for some people.
Smart Home Security - Utilising the net for communications and a combination of detectors, sensors and cameras, you can remotely monitor and control your alarm system wherever you happen to be. By using your smartphone, tablet or laptop it is possible to log on to your account and record images, take video and see the status of your alarm.
- An effective way to keep track of your business or home if you travel a lot.
- The secure application and program can be installed on numerous digital gadgets, like tablets, laptops and smartphones.
- Costs can increase rapidly if more sensors and detectors are needed than in the standard package.
- Reliant on internet or data signals for warning the owner.
Portable Alarm Systems - Generally battery powered, these compact units can offer additional security when travelling or can be used for extra security on tool sheds and outbuildings where power is unavailable. Many of these portable alarms now come with with a solar powered option.
- Easy to fit, maintain and not expensive to purchase.
- Light, portable and simple to set up and take down.
- Offers very restricted security with limited uses.
- Batteries have to be changed regularly.
WIRELESS OR WIRED?
When you have decided what you need your burglar alarm to do, and the areas it needs to cover, is it advisable to have a wired or wireless system?
Wired - Typically less expensive than a wireless burglar alarm, providing an identical standard of security, but the fitting of a hard-wired alarm will probably more due to the additional labour involved in wiring up the system. A hard-wired alarm system will be easy to maintain and low cost to operate, requiring only mains electricity for the system to work (and no expensive batteries). Servicing is reduced to dusting sensors and checking any battery back-up in the control unit and external siren on schedule as set by the alarm manufacturer. If not fitted with care the cables can look untidy as they run around your house.
Wireless - The prices for wireless burglar alarms have dropped dramatically since they were first released making them more affordable than ever. The basic wireless are also quite simple to install by anyone with an average level of DIY expertise, however for the more advanced systems it is better to use an experienced security installation company. A wireless burglar alarm requires the sensors, siren box and other detectors to have fully charged batteries at all times, to keep the system functioning properly.
No matter what burglar alarm you settle on, it is usually advisable to hire a reputable local company for installation and maintenance. You will be able to find several contractors and burglar alarm companies in Colchester who'll help you in your choice of burglar alarm system to fit your needs.
A good Colchester security company will take notice of your concerns and provide you with a solution that will be an appropriate fit for your precise circumstances. This will comprise an on-site survey to determine any entry points that will need to be protected, as well as enhancements that can be made to current door and window locks if needed.
Prior to any installation, check your house insurance to find out if you might be entitled to a discount. If you meet your insurers alarm system standards, you could be surprised to get a discount on your annual policy.
SSAIB (Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board) or NSI (National Security Inspectorate) approved companies are the major authorised alarm installation suppliers for the purpose of insurance. The SSAIB and NSI accreditations highlight the company's trustworthiness within the alarm and security industry.
If you want to use your house alarm to link directly with the police services it must be installed by an accredited company and conform to SSAIB or NSI regulations to the letter. If you opt for an installation company that hasn't got this accreditation your alarm system will not be able to join the police response program. If your burglar alarm system has too many false alarms you could be taken off of the police monitoring and response system, and in order to prevent this they require your alarm to be maintained frequently by an approved company.
The Various Kinds of Burglar Alarm
- Dummy Burglar Alarms
- Monitored Burglar Alarms
- Bells Only Burglar Alarms
- Smart Burglar Alarms
- Portable Burglar Alarms
Burglar Alarm Upgrades and Replacement
Without burglar alarm replacements or upgrades, your home's security could be at risk. With each technological advancement, security systems are becoming more capable. Upgrading your alarm system can unlock advanced features such as remote monitoring, smartphone integration and wireless connectivity. With these advancements, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home is secure, even when you're away.
Additionally, if your alarm system is malfunctioning or outdated, it's imperative to consider a replacement. Your home can be at risk of burglary and theft if the burglar alarm is faulty. Your home and valuables can be safeguarded and protected by replacing oryour burglar alarm system.
A proactive approach towards alarm system replacement, upgrades, and maintenance can ensure a protected environment for yourself and your loved ones and safeguard your property.
The Main Benefits of Installing a Burglar Alarm in Your Home
Burglar alarms are a great way to protect your property from intruders or burglars. These alarms not only provide you with a feeling of security but also come with countless benefits that make them worth the investment. The following are some of the advantages ofin your property in Colchester:
- Early Detection: Burglar alarms can detect any unwanted entry into your home and alert you instantly. Early detection is important as it provides you with sufficient time to call the police and prevent any loss or damage to your home.
- Deter Burglars: One of the most significant benefits of a security alarm is its ability to discourage intruders. The presence of a burglar alarm in your property will make thieves think again before attempting a break-in. The loud alarm will alert you and the authorites of any intrusion, and most thieves will not want to take the risk getting caught.
- Increased Resale Value: Installing a security system can also increase the resale value of your home. Prospective buyers are sometimes ready to pay more for a home that comes with security features already in-situ.
- Reduced Insurance Premiums: Most insurance companies offer discounts on householders' insurance premiums for properties with burglar alarms installed. This is because the presence of a burglar alarm lowers the risk of a break-in, which therefore lowers the chance of theft and damage to the property.
- Provides Peace of Mind: Knowing that your home is protected by a burglar alarm can give you an added sense of security and peace of mind. Regardless of whether you are at home or away, you can rest easy knowing that your property is being monitored 24/7, and that you'll be alerted should there be an intrusion. This can be especially reassuring for families with elderly relatives or young children who may be more at risk if there is a break-in.
Burglar Alarm Maintenance
To make certain that yourin Colchester is working effectively at all times, occasional maintenance will be necessary. Most householders in Colchester will be able to handle some basic servicing tasks, and things like changing batteries in remote controls and sensors are relatively easy to do. The assistance of a specialist burglar alarm technician will be required for more complicated servicing.
If your alarm system is on a contract, the security firm's pricing may include maintenance at defined periods as outlined by the contract you signed at the outset. Finding a reputable security alarm technician in Colchester to help you keep your system in tip-top condition if you've got a standalone system should not be a problem.
A battery change will perhaps be needed at some stage in the service life of external alarm sirens. Because the power backup in many sirens is provided by lead acid or Li-ion rechargeable batteries, which have a finite life, a skilled operative will be needed to change these.
To make sure that you keep your property and loved ones safe, it is important that you maintain your burglar alarm system.
Access Control/Door Entry Systems
Providing safe and secure entrances to any building is always a priority and door entry/access control systems can help secure areas that need more than a simple lock and key. Beyond the capabilities of an upgraded lock, a door entry system that has been installed by a professional can offer security in a number of different ways. With the inclusion of 2-way communication and integrated cameras, anallows you to ascertain who's at your door without having to open it.
In a home-based situation, access control is usually limited to exterior doors, but if you operate a business in Colchester you may require offices and other areas to be restricted to only those who need entry as part of their role. Achieving this can be accomplished through the use of electronic or mechanical mechanisms that feature security measures like keypad entry doors, keyless rf fobs, and biometric identification technologies such as iris or fingerprint recognition. A critical part of modern building security, access control systems limit access to sensitive areas and allow only authorized individuals to enter, thus providing property owners and occupants with peace of mind.
Burglar Alarm Installation Near Colchester
Also: Fox Street burglar alarms, Parsons Heath burglar alarms, Mile End burglar alarms, Ardleigh burglar alarms, Lexden burglar alarms, West Bergholt burglar alarms, Crockleford Heath burglar alarms, Aldham burglar alarms, Maypole Green burglar alarms, Highwoods burglar alarms, Horkesley Heath burglar alarms, Greenstead burglar alarms, Braiswick burglar alarms and more.
Colchester Alarm Installation Services
If you select your Colchester alarm installer company intelligently they will have the capacity to help with burglar alarm installations, the installation of alarm systems for homes, house alarms in Colchester, commercial alarms, monitored alarm systems, intercom system installation in Colchester, Yale burglar alarms Colchester,, home security systems, , burglar alarms for the deaf, burglar alarms in Colchester, remote home monitoring, keyless access control systems, discouraging burglars, burglar alarm quotations in Colchester, security lighting, business security alarms, CCTV camera installation, pet friendly burglar alarms, home alarm maintenance, business CCTV systems, burglar alarm accreditations, burglar alarms for flats, , Colchester, alarm servicing, home alarms, domestic alarms in Colchester, perimeter security, wireless burglar alarms Colchester, burglary alarm installation and a myriad of different security related services in Colchester. These are just a few of the activities that are performed by those installing burglar alarms. Colchester professionals will be happy to inform you of their full range of alarm installation services.
Alarm Maintenance Colchester - Commercial Burglar Alarms Colchester - Burglar Alarm Installations Colchester - Intruder Alarms Colchester - Burglar Alarms Colchester - Wireless Alarms Colchester - Burglar Alarm Installers Near Me - Home Alarms Colchester - Monitored Alarms Colchester